Eric, Lindsay and Rylie

Eric, Lindsay and Rylie

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Fireworks

Since Rylie remembered the fireworks from Disney World, she was very excited about going to see them again. Little did she know that we didn't have to go to Disney to experience that fun. We actually went to the fireworks on July 3rd, because I figured it would ensure she had a nap during the day. I found a city that was suppose to start the fireworks at 9:30, thinking that would be nice and early. The problem there was it is not dark here until after 10. We waited for about an hour, until 10:15 for the fireworks to actually start. The nice thing was we were able to sit at our van so Rylie spent most that time playing in the car and watching neighboring cars set off their fireworks. When the fireworks finally started she was extremely excited. They were all "so beautiful" and I think each one amazed her more than the last. That fun lasted about 15 minutes into the 30 minute show. As she lost interest I started to clean up our chairs and get her into her PJs. The best was when I went to change her diaper and she asked if I had wipes. I've never had that question come from her...little did I know that wipes were very much needed. Of course I was not ready for that dirty diaper, no real wipes (only hand wipes), no lights and Eric busy enjoying the fireworks. After getting him to get me what I needed we all missed the end of the fireworks. The sad part is if we had not had a dirty diaper we could most likely have missed the mad rush to leave the parking lot. Unfortunately we got stuck waiting with all the other cars. It was only 20 minutes to get out of the parking lot, but boy did it feel like a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment